Our vision is to be the safest, most innovative and effective transportation for all Sahuarita Unified School District students.
SUSD transports elementary and middle school students who live more than a one-mile radius from their school, and high school students who live more than a 1-1/2 mile radius from their school.
- PLEASE REMEMBER RIDING THE BUS IS A PRIVILEGE GIVEN TO ALL SAHUARITA SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS. (Compact for Success)
- PLEASE HELP US PROVIDE THE SAFEST RIDE POSSIBLE TO AND FROM SCHOOL BY FOLLOWING ALL OF THE BUS SAFETY RULES.
- PLEASE BE AT YOUR BUS STOP FIVE MINUTES EARLY.
Tips for Students
Walking to the Bus Stop
- Always walk on the sidewalk to the bus stop; never run. If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left facing traffic.
- Go to the bus stop about five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. While at the bus stop, wait quietly in a safe place well away from the road. Do not run and play while waiting.
- Respect your neighbors’ property and yards. Stay off of private property and do not disturb landscaping or trash.
Getting On and Off the Bus
- Enter the bus in a line with younger students in front. Hold the handrail while going up and down the stairs.
- When entering the bus, go directly to your seat. Remain seated and face forward during the entire ride. Keep your back to the back and your bottom to the bottom of the seat.
Riding the Bus
- Always speak quietly on the bus so the driver will not be distracted. Always be silent when a bus comes to a railroad crossing so the driver can hear if a train is coming.
- Never throw things on the bus or out of the windows. Keep the aisles clear at all times. Feet should be directly in front of you on the floor. Keep backpacks, instruments and sports bags in your lap or on the floor at your feet. Remember to keep your back to the back and your bottom to the bottom.
- Never play with the emergency exits. Large instruments or sports equipment should not block the aisle or emergency exits. If there is an emergency, listen to the driver and follow instructions.
- Hands should be kept to yourself at all times while riding on the bus.
- Only bottled water is allowed on the bus, no gum or food. No glass, balloons, skateboards or animals are allowed on the bus.
Exiting the Bus
- If you leave something on the bus, never return to the bus to get it. The driver may not see you come back and she may begin moving the bus. Make sure that drawstrings and other loose objects are secure before getting off the bus so you do not get caught on the handrail or the door.
- Respect the “Danger Zone” which surrounds all sides of the bus The “Danger Zone” is ten feet wide on all sides of the bus. Always remain 10 steps away from the bus to be out of the “Danger Zone” and where the driver can see you.
- Always cross the street in front of the bus. Never go behind the bus. If you drop something near the bus, tell the bus driver before you attempt to pick it up, so they will know where you are.
- Never speak to strangers at the bus stop and never get into the car with a stranger. Always go straight home and tell your parents if a stranger tries to talk to you or pick you up.
Director: Mike Fiesler – [email protected]
Phone: 520.625.3502 x1190
Dispatcher/Routing: Terri Smith – [email protected]
Phone: 520.625.3502 x1127
Dispatcher/Routing: Melissa Cintron – [email protected]
Phone: 520.625.3502 x1188
Safety Coordinator: Glenna Campbell –[email protected]
Phone: 520.625.3502 x1128
Chief Clerk: Grace Kirker – [email protected]
Phone: 520.625.3502 x1190
White Fleet/Mail Courier: Randy Roden – [email protected]
Phone: 520.625.3502 x1166
350 W. Sahuarita Rd
Sahuarita, AZ 85629