Sahuarita Unified School District is Committed To:
Conscientious Energy Management
- Electronic Equipment, Machines, and Appliances can use approximately 85% of their need when left ON in a “standby” condition.
- Electrical Consumption accounts for over 80% of SUSD utility costs.
- Vampire Electronics (electronics plugged-in, but NOT in use, like computers, monitors, chargers, etc.) can account for 10% of a typical electric bill.
Eliminating Unnecessary Consumption
- Air Conditioning and Heating should be off or adjusted to District Set-Point Requirements (55F/85F) during unoccupied hours.
- Refrigeration should be adjusted or shut off during extended breaks, holidays and/or vacations.
- Lights, Computers, Monitors, Copy Machines, Projectors, and all Electronic Equipment should be off during unoccupied hours.
Carbon Footprint Reduction
- Recycle, Reuse an Repurpose plastics, printer consumables, cartridges, paper products, and materials/equipment.
- Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Advocate Clean Energy, Green Technologies, and Green Planning.