ICATT COVID19 Testing Basic Steps
Step 1 Enrollment
- 1. Parents sign an electronic consent form. Students without a consent form will not be tested.
- 2. Consent forms only need to be filled out once.
Step 2 Sample Collection
- 1. Testing will occur weekly on a specific day of the week for each school site.
- 2. Trained ICATT staff will administer or assist with the nasal swab for students in grades K-1st grade.
- 3. A trained ICATT observer oversees the self-collection process for students in grades 2nd-12th.
- A. The observer calls one person at a time to go to the Swabbing Station for them to self-swab.
- B. Participants perform a simple, shallow nose swab in each nostril.
- C. Then deposit the nose swab, tip down, into a pre-labeled collection bag.
Step 3 Results
- 1. Results can be expected in approximately 24-48 hours from the day of the test.
- 2.The school contacts parents of students with POSITIVE results. If you have not been personally contacted, then your child’s result was negative.
- 3. Parents will be able to access their child’s individual test results soon. Please check back for the link to the ICATT Results website.
- 4. Please follow the Course of Action in the Event of a Positive COVID-19 Case.