Parent Teacher Organization
We are actively seeking PTO members
Sopori School is about men and women working together toward a common goal. That goal is creating a better school and a better educational experience for our children. We strive to create an atmosphere where teachers and administrators can do their best work–and so can our children.
Here are some PTO projects we have accomplished:
- Helped build literacy by organizing and running the R.E.A.D. bilingual family reading program made possible with a grant from Pro-Neighborhoods.
- Improved children’s morale by purchasing playground toys.
- Purchased books for Sopori’s first 6th grade class so all children could read the same book for class discussion.
- Purchased a “cougars” bench for the school courtyard.
- Contributed $100 for art supplies for an artist in residence at Sopori School.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school and community.
- To bring closer the relationship of home and school so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of the child.
- To enhance the educational facilities and opportunities for the students of Sopori School that is not otherwise provided for in the school corporation budgets.
Why Should Parents Join?
- Be an active part of your children’s education and our wonderful community of parents and teachers.
- Share your new and inspiring ideas and help create “FUN” fund-raising opportunities.
But that’s not the only reason to take part. There have been more than 500 independent research studies about parent involvement. The results are startling! When parents get involved in their children’s education, grades and test scores go up, they have fewer discipline problems, and they’re less likely to use drugs and alcohol.
Volunteering doesn’t mean a huge time commitment. An hour or two a semester makes a big difference. The PTO group does not require dues or fees to join. You do not have to attend meetings to be a member. Anytime you can offer tothe PTO is of great value to our school and our children. Please call the Sopori School office for more information.
HC 65Box 5930
5000 W. Arivaca Rd.
Amado, AZ 85645-9600
Phone: (520) 398-2239
Fax: (520) 398-2024