Volunteer Application Process
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Sahuarita Unified School District! Here is a brief description of the application process for volunteers.
PLEASE NOTE: State law requires all volunteers (except legal guardians who have students in the school district for which they are volunteering) to be fingerprinted when working in a public school setting.
You may pick up a fingerprint card from the Human Resources Department at the District Office. The fingerprint card MUST be filled out with BLACK ink.
Step 1: Application
Volunteer applications are available at each school site. You may also download it here.
- Complete the application fully and legibly.
- Return the completed application to the school site at which you would like to volunteer.
- The Principal will review the application. If approved, the Principal will sign the application and forward it to the Human Resources Department.
Step 2: Human Resources Review
The HR Department will review the application and log it into the Volunteer database.
- If the applicant is a legal guardian of a student in the District:
- No fingerprints are required.
- Please see Step 5.
- If the applicant is NOT a legal guardian of a student in the District:
- Fingerprints are required.
- Please see Step 3.
Step 3: Fingerprints
You may pick up a fingerprint card from the Human Resources Department at the District Office. They are also available at fingerprinting locations. The fingerprint card MUST be filled out with BLACK ink.
- Have your fingerprints rolled at an approved fingerprinting location. **There may be a fee for this procedure. Please see the Fingerprinting Location form for further details.
- Return your rolled fingerprints to the HR Department.
- The HR Department will submit the fingerprints to AZ Department of Public Safety for processing.
Step 4: Fingerprint Reports
- If the prints are cleared by DPS:
- The applicant will be advised that their application will be submitted to the Governing Board for approval.
- If the prints are not cleared by DPS:
- The applicant will be advised that they are not eligible to volunteer with Sahuarita Unified School District.
Step 5: Governing Board Approval
- If the application has passed all steps and processes, it will be submitted for the agenda of the next available Governing Board meeting.
- Once the Governing Board has reviewed and approved the application, the applicant will be notified that they are now eligible to volunteer with Sahuarita Unified School District.