Welcome to the SMS Library!
Mrs. L. Stowell – Library Tech
Hours: 8:10-3:40, M-F
Students are welcome to come to the library before school, at lunchtime, with their language arts teachers or during R/E. The library is a warm, safe environment where students can come to relax and enjoy a book. Talking and socializing are allowed and encouraged, as long as it is done with respect.
In the Library:
New Books Section, Fiction Section, Non-fiction Section, Spanish Section, Easy Readers, Reference area, Magazine rack, 10 student computers for: research, catalog searches for AR Book titles, & AR quizzes.
SMS Library Catalog Website:
Click the link above to see if a book you like is in our SMS library.
- Backpacks to be stored on shelves by the entrance door of the library.
- No food, drinks, gum, or candy are allowed in the library.
- Always enter the library with quiet voices and sit in a chair or on the floor.
- Students are allowed to check out 2 books at a time for 2 weeks.
- When you choose to check out a book it becomes your responsibility.
- We do not steal books, tear pages out of books, write in books, etc.
- When a book is returned in a damaged condition it is your responsibility to REPLACE OR PAY FOR THE BOOK.
- NEVER LOAN A BOOK OUT TO A FRIEND, it is still checked out in your name and the responsibility lies with you.
- If you cannot pay the replacement cost of a book you still must make arrangements with Mrs. Stowell. You may be assigned Community Service work to repay the cost to the school.
- If a book becomes VERY overdue you will be spending your lunchtime working in the library until the book is brought back to school.
- At the end of the front counter is a “RETURN BOOKS HERE” sign.
- Always return books by putting in the return slot. Please do not lay them on the counter or hand them to the person behind the counter.
- When you are looking for books in the library, please do not re-shelf the book. Either place the book in the book return slot or lay it on the shelf.
- Please take the time to keep books in order when looking for one.
Gently used books that are age-appropriate are greatly appreciated.